How to boost your immune system and avoid getting sick
Have you already wondered why you constantly get sick and catch every cold? Especially in winter, the nose is running frequently, one sinusitis, tonsillitis or bronchitis follows the next. Do you have the feeling of never really being fit although you greatly take care of your health? There are many factors that influence the immune system and can bring the body out of balance. To a certain degree the body can find its way back to balance on its own. However, when a certain degree is exceeded, the body is overburdened in its compensation mechanism and gets sick.
Factors influencing the immune system are the following:
- Stress and insufficient periods of rest
- Mental strain, e.g. fear, depressive mood, sorrows, grief
- Weak digestive system, e.g. through abnormal bacterial colonisation of gut flora, food intolerances
- Environmental pollution, e.g. air pollution, excessive noise, toxic substances in furniture and clothes
- Insufficient exercise and fresh air, not enough sun
- Unhealthy diet: too much sugar and refined grains, not enough vegetables and fibres
- Alcohol, nicotine, drugs weakening the immune system
Holistic homeopathic treatment and alternative medicine for recurring infections in Unteraegeri, Zug.
Recurring infections should not be ignored or suppressed with medication. They are a cry for help, that something is not right inside the body. The body has got out of balance and can’t cope with the germs any more as a healthy body would do.
Classical Homeopathy is well suited to strengthen the body inside and to bring it back to balance. A well-chosen homeopathic remedy supports not only the body but also the mind, which strengthens the body from its inner parts. Susceptibility to stress, fear, sorrows etc. decrease and the body gets more power again to fight the germs and to recover.
80% of the immune system is located in the gut. Therefore, it is recommended to also restore the gut flora, which often is out of balance in case of recurring infections, caused by antibiotics, unhealthy nutrition or food intolerances. In parallel to the homeopathic treatment the gut flora can be regulated with probiotics or dietary supplement.
Moreover, there’s excellent plant-based drugs which strengthen and support the immune system additionally in acute situations but also in the long term.
What you can do by yourself in case of a cold:
- Drink 2-3 litres per day, preferably water, tea (e.g. ginger tea, but no black tea) or diluted juice
- Allow your body to rest and recover (refrain from TV, computer, mobile phone etc.)
- Don’t consume milk products, meat, alcohol, sugar, bananas and fat meals but eat plenty of vegetables and whole meal products instead
- Rinsing your nose with physiologic saline solution helps to reduce the swelling of the mucous membranes and is expectorant
- Inhalation with chamomile tea moistens and soothes the respiratory system and has an expectorant effect
- In case of sore throat, a compress with lemon or curd chees around the neck can help (take care to always wrap the lemon or curd in a cloth and never put it directly on the skin)
Get active, try out the one or the other recommendation, and directly book your appointment online for a homeopathic and naturopathic treatment. As a matter of course, I’m at your disposal in case of question at any time.Back to blog overview